Why We Need Your Support
The Tottington Centre, housing many facilities, is a community base, run by the community, for the community. It is a welcoming place where people of all ages can: come together, socialise, be creative, source information, read, have fun, and take part in learning.
The Centre is funded entirely through the generosity of the local community and is staffed by hard working volunteers who freely give up their time. The community came together in 2017 and put its heart and soul into saving Tottington Library and the beautiful Grade II listed building it is housed in, formerly Tottington Hall. Now called The Tottington Centre, it houses a wide variety of groups, activities and events in its many function rooms, and there will also be a cafe facility coming very soon.
The Tottington Centre is your centre: funded by you, staffed by you, supported by you, and is for you. Without your help, The Tottington Centre would simply not exist. Friends of Tottington Library is a not-for-profit organisation and is a Registered Charity. We welcome the whole community of Tottington, Walshaw, Affetside, Greenmount and further afield, as Friends, and hope you will offer whatever support you can for many years to come by donating your time, services, money or simply by making use of the Centre and putting your loose change in the collection boxes in the library and around Tottington.
What We Need
Bury Council have advised us that we require £22,000 every year to operate The Tottington Centre. This means that we need to raise every penny we can from activities, fundraising events, and from donations.
We are looking to raise money and are applying for grants to pay for:
- upgrades to the building and to make the Centre more accessible.
- improvements to the present toilet facilities
- an upgrade the stair lift and vestibule entrance
- improved security and exterior lighting
- funding for a cafe with tasty food and good coffee
We wish to replenish books and will be accepting your unwanted books to ensure that our stocks will constantly be refreshed.
I would like to Rent the Annexe
I would like to Donate
Donations Kindly Received
On behalf of The Friends of Tottington Library, we would like to thank the following for their very generous donations and continued support towards The Tottington Centre:
· The people of Tottington, Greenmount, Affetside, Walshaw and surrounding areas who continue to give so generously of their time and money
· Several individuals who have made substantial donations and have secured the future of the Centre for this year
· All local shops, places of worship and businesses who have kindly taken in collection boxes, donated gifts for fundraising events, donated money, materials, their own time, their expertise and their services. We thank you all including…